Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Austin!!!

Austin turned 5 years old today, I can't believe it. Everyone out there knows exactly what I'm talking about when I say it feels like I just brought him home from the hospital. He was the only one of my three that was not induced early for some reason. He came on his own time, one day before his due date. He was 7 1/2 pounds & 21 inches long. He had a perfectly round, but very bald head & the cutest little baby face with huge dimples:) He was such a happy, smiley baby!

He had a list of things he wanted to do for his birthday...a big list. He couldn't decide which one he wanted to do for his party. I mentioned to him that if he didn't want to have a party with his friends than we could do more of those things on his list. I thought for sure that the presents from his friends would be too important...I was wrong. He decided to spend the day with the family & go do the things he wanted to do. He was very excited that it would be "his day" & we would do whatever he wanted us to. I was pretty proud of him. I think that was an interesting choice for a 5 year old to make.
So, since our day was being controlled by a 5 year old, it was pretty jam packed with fun. He opened presents, went to Kangaroo Zoo, to dinner(where he was overjoyed that the servers sang to him), shopping(since this cost nowhere near what we would have spent on a party, we let him pick out a few more toys), back home for cake & playing with all his new toys!! To be honest, I'm surprised he didn't try to drag us to Classic Skating, McDonalds, the park, to get icecream, etc. These were all on his list. Needless to say, he fell asleep a very happy 5 year old boy:)

This is just too cute not to share...I knew this would be his favorite one:)



And some pictures of his day...







Click to play
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow




HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MY AUSTIN!!!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Austin! from all of us at the Chapman house.

Rachey-Foo said...

What an awesome birthday!! I love that you let him choose how to spend his day. That's so fun!

You are such a great mommy.

Are you getting excited about the movie? :) Yay!

Suzy said...

Happy Birthday Austin!!!! Tanner is so excited you're now 5 just like him. It sounds like you had a fun day!