Friday, September 18, 2009

Back to School...4 Weeks Later

We are officially through the first month of school. Only 8 more to go:) So far both Madelyn & Austin are LOVING school!! I'm so happy. They both got great teachers & they love them to death. I was slightly worried about Austin. Up until the week before school started, he was set on not going to kindergarten. He would break down every time I mentioned it. But then I took him to meet his teacher. I'm not sure what happened, but he got so excited when he got to see his classroom. He loves his teacher & she is so sweet to him, which is a major factor. It was like he did a 180! The first day of school came & he got up happily, got ready, & off we went. He walked right into that classroom, turned & waved goodbye with a big smile on his face:) He was even excited to do his first homework assignment! He hasn't complained once & is always excited. Every day when I pick him up, he tells me everything he did. He even told me when he had to "pull a strike":) I guess that's a stick they have to pull when they talk too much. Ha Ha!! I knew he'd have to do that at least once:) He hasn't had to do it again, though! I'm very proud of how well he's doing!!! I'm pretty sure that one of the reasons he's doing so well is because of the example his big sister has set! She has always loved school. When she first started kindergarten she was scared. But she pulled through...she learned a lot about herself & gained a lot of confidence! Austin watched her go through everything & saw that she was okay & everything he's seen from her point of view has been positive. He's sees her happily hop out of the car each morning & then sees her come home happy. She talks about how much she loves school & I think that had a major impact on him. No matter how much James & I encouraged school & told him how much fun he'd have, his sister's opinion mattered a lot to him too! I remember being that way. When my siblings would tell me things, I believed it more than if my parents told me. Why is that??? Anyway, to make a long story short, school is going great. Trey is actually not following me around like I thought he would. He is loving being the only one home...he's got all the toys to himself!! Now if we could just get them to add a bus stop on our street, then I wouldn't have to drive to & from the school 4 different times each day. I will really enjoy next year when they both go to & come home from school at the same time. Then MAYBE I'll get something done during the day...not making any promises:)

Just before leaving for his first day. He looks so big...ready to conquer the world!


With his good friend, Ian


Waiting in line to go into class. Anticipation building...


Finally, in the classroom, ready to go. All smiles:)


Maddie after her first day!


Maddie & one of her best friends, Lexi! This was not planned in any way. They are in the same class & showed up the first day & started laughing when they saw each other:) So cute!!


One of Austin's favorite "back to school" shirts. He made me take a picture...he thinks he looks just like his dad!! I think he looks all GQ!!!


I had to get the back view, too:)

2 comments:

Colin and Ranie said...

Woohoo! Lookin' good! Glad they love school!

Kim said...

So sweet.
They grow up so fast.