Thursday, May 22, 2008

Been Gone Awhile (Figuratively)

Okay, "Twilight" - OH MY GOSH!!! That right there, sums up why I haven't posted for a while. This book is consuming every spare minute I have. I stayed up till 1:00 in the morning three nights in a row because I couldn't put it down. I had so many people try to convince me to read it & I just kind of shrugged them all off (I love to read, but I haven't found very many books lately that I can really get into) until my neighbor brought me her book & told me I had to read it. I put it aside for a while & then figured I better read it so that I can return it to her & not make her feel bad by telling her I didn't read it. Yes, it started out as a pity-read. But I am very glad she brought it to me now. Half way through I went & bought the first two for myself, I'm waiting for the special edition of the third to come out the end of this month because it has the first chapter of the fourth book in it & then I am buying it. I finished "Twilight", but haven't been able to start "New Moon" because I am not ready to give up "Twilight". I'm almost done reading it for the second time. I got so wrapped up in the second half of the book that I couldn't remember specifics of the first half. It's interesting to connect the dots with everything that happens & the things Edward says to Bella when you reread it. It becomes even more addicting. I've also become totally addicted to the webpages about the book & movie too. I thought that I might be going somewhat crazy & also thought it was so weird that I had become so wrapped up in this fantasy that it was almost seeming real to me. Then I talked with my sister & she said she was & still is the same way (she read it when it was first released). So I don't feel so delusional. I guess it's not so bad to shove the real world aside & get lost in a fantasy every now & then, right? I can't wait for the movie, yea!!
I have been so completely wrapped up in this book that I'm not even sure if anything interesting has happened at my house. But I was showing my mother-in-law some pictures the other day & came across some cute pictures of the kids (& Lily) sleeping. We normally have a pretty good bedtime routine during school, but when Madelyn had a week off in the middle of April, it got completely thrown off. I haven't worked too hard to get back into it because school is over next week & Madelyn was still getting enough sleep to make it through her day. So everyone has been falling asleep in cute (or weird) places & I've been getting some good pics.

Trey must have been pretty tired, I haven't ever seen anyone fall asleep on a table before:)


This is how I found Austin asleep the other night. He climbed up into bed, kicked back, relaxed & fell asleep.


A few days later I went to go check on Trey in his bed & found him alseep the same way. Like brother, like brother, huh?


This is how Madelyn falls asleep almost every night now. This dog was so meant for our family...she has the separation anxiety that our kids have, she is such a snuggle bug, just like our kids...she fits right in:)


This is one of Lily's favorite places to sleep. She climbes inbetween our legs & snuggles up in the curve of our knee.


Hopefully this won't be the last post again for 3 more weeks. Although, I can't promise anything. I am going to be starting "New Moon" tonight or tomorrow & then on the 31st I'll be buying "Eclipse" so you never know when you might hear from me again:)

7 comments:

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Welcome to the pathetic, twisted and totally addictive world of Twilight. I'm right there with you! BTW, I really don't think it's "pathetic" - I just say that because it's what Cory says (he's just jealous that I think Edward is the most sexy man alive - or not alive...)

Kerryne said...

Lol... agree with you Liz 100% in fact you took the words right out of my mouth. Em, it is crazy how addicted you can get to this series of books. I think I need to re-read them all. I finished all three in just a few days and all Bjay could say was "reading again? when are you going to put that down and spend some time with me?".. my response was "when I am finished!" lol! Edward is pretty amazing and I completely fell in love with him!

I am glad your back though, we have missed your blogs!

Kerryne said...

Nuts, I forgot to say what I was going to say... see what those books do? Just thinking of them get me all off subject. I was going to say....

Love the pics of the kids sleeping. They are priceless. I got one of Pajha the other night asleep in her mac and cheese on my blog. Must be a trend or something. So cute though and your dog is adorable. I want one just like her! :^) ok, I am done now!

Emily said...

Okay, I thought I was losing my mind, being head-over-heels for a fictional character. I am so glad that I am not the only one whose heart goes pitter-patter while reading. My sister said that she has heard more than one husband who has been quite upset at Stephenie Meyer for creating the perfect man (really, what isn't there to love about Edward Cullen) & now there is no way they can now live up to their wives expectations:) In all respect to my hubby (whom I am obviously also head-over-heels for) I think it's great...there's nothing wrong with a little pretend competition every now & then, right?

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Amen, sister!

Taylor said...

Funny you brought this up, I just started to read them again...read them to fast the first time!

I must be doing something wrong, my boys never fall asleep anywhere but their beds, no cute shots of them sleeping cute places, actually I have one picture of Mackay asleep on the stairs, but other than that they are boring !

Andrea said...

I read the twilight series this week. I read Twilight on Monday, New Moon on Tuesday and Eclipse on Wednesday. Obviously I couldn't put them down either and I want to read them again. Funny how Edward is the most perfect guy I have ever heard described and the fact that he "hunts" doesn't even bother me. he he