Thursday, May 1, 2008

Finally Getting It (Whew)

So as some of you have probably noticed, my blog has been changing quite a lot the past few days. I have not been completely happy with anything, it was like there was always something that didn't look right. Well, after A LOT of fidgeting with the html codes & finding some backgrounds that I liked I think I might actually like the look of my blog now. It is a toss up between this one & one other background that I like & for those of you who read my hubby tag (& probably anyone of you who grew up with me) know that I do not make decisions well so you might see it flip-flop back & forth a few times before I decide. Now if there is anyone who would like to help me with a header, I would be more than willing to accept that help!!! I'm clueless when it comes to computers now days. I just have not spent enough time on one. I may be up a creek when I need to help my kids with any homework that requires the computer when they get older. Madelyn already knows her way around a computer better than I do & she is 7. We went to see one of her friends in a play the other day, it was Annie. Madelyn has always loved musicals, so I was not surprised when she wanted my to download the songs for her & buy her the movie. James was working at home the other day & looked over & Maddie had found Annie video's to watch on youtube. He asked her how she found them. She said, "I went on to google & typed in 'watch Annie on the computer' & found it". It's sad when you realize that your kids are almost definitely going to end up smarter than you:) Anyway, thanks for being patient with the ever changing blog. Maybe sometime in the near future something interesting will happen in my life & I can tell you about that instead of bore you with my computer illiteracy:)

6 comments:

Kerryne said...

Love the new look. I am like you and change mine constantly. I am never happy with it, until now. I think I finally got it all figured out and this was after MANY days of torturing myself trying to figure out the codes and all that stuff. Annoying!!! I figured out how to do my own header in paint, because I don't have any cool programs like Photoshop... YET... he he he! Anyway, your not alone!

Sherrie said...

I like the new look! I did green and black for a while and I loved it.

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

The Emily I remember had her socks organized by color and rewrote an entire page because she made one minuscule mistake! :) There's so many cute layouts that it's hard to choose one and stick to it. I never do. I say do whatever the heck you want - it's your blog!

Emily said...

Oh Liz, it is so funny that you brought up the paper thing. Just this morning I sent a note to school with Madelyn about the upcoming field trip & I re-wrote the entire note when I made a mistake. I know...I am borderline obsessive-compulsive when it comes to organization & having everything "perfect". I have had to let some of that go over the years because I have driven myself to the brink of a nervous breakdown. Do you remember when we would all be hanging out in my bedroom & I would leave to do something for a minute. You guys would move something to a different place & see how long it took me to move it back when I came back in? We had fun with each others quirks, didn't we:)

Colin and Ranie said...

I totally understand. I did the changing of the background 6 or 7 times. I couldn't find out how to keep everything on there though so even though my background isn't my favorite...it is staying 'cause I just can't decide which one to stick with. Oh well. When you get help on the header...help me! I love the new background by the way. LOVE IT! It is definitely cute and definitely you! Keeper for sure!

Lyndee said...

I love your blog look. You did a great job. When I first figured out how to change the background I was changing it ever few days. I still change it when I find cute paper.