Monday, April 21, 2008

Children's Garden, Kite Flying, Dinosaur Museum & Sunburns

School was out this last week & I knew that Madelyn would go crazy if I didn't plan some activities to keep her busy. So, we went to the children's garden, played outside A LOT, went to the dinosaur museum & ever so slightly burned Trey's little bald head. I am normally so good at putting sunscreen on, but I completely forgot. I also forgot that he has no hair to protect his little head. It was so red he could have led Santa's sleigh:) Now it is at that peeling stage. It looks like he has 50+ scabs all over his head. Poor thing. James' head of course got burnt also, so with all the peeling it looks like the two of them have serious cases of dandruff. Anyway, it was tons of fun to get outside & enjoy the bits & pieces of good weather. The kids loved getting out. Spring fever has officially hit our house. Here are some fun pics of our week, hope you enjoy!

Inside the bear cave at the gardens.

Austin is pretending to be a bear, Trey just looks confused, Maddie at least is smiling. I guess 1 out of 3 ain't bad.

He looks so grown up in this picture. My little man walking his little dog.

James teaching Trey not to let go of the kite string. This happened several times. Trey thought it was very funny to watch his dad run after the kite.

This picture of Maddie & James was just too cute to pass up.

I was very briefly tempted to leave them in this dinosaur cave for a while:)

Put sand, water & kids together...what do you get?
Madelyn & Austin spent the whole time making a big sand mountain & filled it with trees & dinosaurs.

Trey however, spent the whole time trying to jump in the water head first.

She would bury herself just to have something else to dig up if she could.

8 comments:

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Gotta love the Dino Museum. I think I've been enough times to be considered a regular. It's amazing how the kids act like it's their first time every time...

Kerryne said...

How fun! I wish we had stuff like that here for us to do! This country just isn't very kid friendly! We have been to the beach almost every day this week because it has been so warm, and basically that is the only "outdoor" thing for the kids to do! Peyton LOVES dinosaurs, and though he has been to the museum once before he would love it so much more now, it is on our list of things to do when we get back to Utah! Your kids are adorable.. where's all the pictures of you??? Love you!

Lyndee said...

How fun! I love all the pictures. We have only been to the Dinosaur museum once and that was when Kyler was tiny. My most favorite picture is James and Madelyn so cute. I love that the dog is under James legs.

Emily said...

Okay, so I just found out that Kim (Wright) Shirley has lived about 2 blocks from me for 2 years & neither of us knew & apparently she goes to the museum too. So I think we should be getting together to go to the museum & the gardens this summer. It would give our kids others to play with & we could see each other more often. I just wish you out-of-towners could be here also:( Although, you all look to be having some fun times too.

Emily said...

Oh, & as for the pictures of me...I'm the one holding the camera. I guess I need to be handing the camera over to James more often.

The Shirley Family said...

Hey Emily, I know it is crazy that we live so close and haven't run into each other sooner. We love going to the gardens, the dinosaur museum, and the farm. We need to go together with our kiddos. Let's plan it!!

Kerryne said...

By the way... I absolutely LOVE the music you have on your blog!

Colin and Ranie said...

LOVE the pictures. They are so great. I love the candid ones of James and the kids. So great. I also love the Hubby Tag. So fun. You make me laugh! Hope to see you guys soon!