Thursday, April 3, 2008

My 4th Child


This cute little girl is the newest member of our family. Her name is Lily. She is a 2 year old Yorkie & weighs in at a whopping 5 lbs. She is very sweet & gentle. She is the best thing we have done for our kids. One month ago, none of them would go near a dog, no matter what the size. Then slowly they started going around puppies & little dogs. So when this one became available for almost nothing, we went for it. I have never been more proud of my kids. I watched them last night as they rather quickly put their insecurities & fears aside & played with this dog. They ran all over the house chasing her, her chasing them, playing fetch. She would bark & growl as she was playing & each of the kids would get right down on the floor & wrestle with her. They have already fallen in love her. It was so great to see. Of course, James & I got absolutely no sleep last night. She was not quite sure what to do with herself. She didn't know where she wanted to sleep or even if she wanted to sleep. She kept walking around, getting familiar with the house. So I guess this begins the start of a few sleepless nights while she finds where her comfortable spot is. Unfortunately, she is already showing a liking to our bed. We'll have to keep a close watch on that one.

5 comments:

Colin and Ranie said...

YEAY! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! Having a dog is the best thing for kids and I too am so proud of your kids for playing with Lily. She is very cute and I can't wait to see and play with her. Congrats!

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Congratulations on the new addition! Our dog likes to sleep in our dirty clothes basket. Weird, I know, but she loves it...

Taylor said...

Mackay just saw this picture and now he is asking for a dog. I keep telling him as soon as he is old enough to clean up the poop! You are a brave woman.

Taylor said...

Oh, that this is Sherrie not Taylor, sorry I did not realize he was logged in. No one should have to see that picture of him, it's embarassing.

Kerryne said...

Em... your on here! Why didn't you tell me? So good to see some pictures of your kids, they are absolutely adorable! Sorry I haven't emailed you back in ages. Things have been so crazy around here, I tend to forget I have email thanks to this thing! Anyway, hope all is well! Love ya