Thursday, August 14, 2008

Finally Getting To It

I finally got a slide show put together from our camping trip. It's only a full month late:( I'm tired of my slides being cut off half way through, so I'm trying Liz's way (hope you don't mind, friend!) My entire family went to Willard Bay & camped for a week. We had all but one brother & his family there, which is quite a chore getting everyone (50+ people) together at the same time. It was a lot of fun to be with everyone & my kids had a blast. The camp sites were all together & so the kids rode their bikes all around through the sites & ran & threw frisbees & drank pop & ate junk food & got dirty & did all those great things that go along with camping. The water was so low this year that they weren't allowing boats so we couldn't do any waterskiing, but it was fun to be able to walk clear out to the middle of the bay without the water going past our waist. It made it really fun for the kids. We just threw some life jackets on them & let them cruise around & of course they loved the freedom. We adults had our fun as well. Apparently it is not uncommon for Mike & his family to have mud fights. I wish someone on the beach would have gotten some pictures because I'm sure that it was quite funny to see all these adults out in the middle of the water throwing mud at each other. Later, we were all finding mud in places we didn't know existed. James said he was quite surprised to see me go join the fight. I was surprised that after almost 10 years of marriage, he hasn't figured out that I was raised in a family of boys, & that I can get down & dirty with the best of them. I guess I don't do it enough...maybe I'll have to change that!! He never got involved with the fights & I'm pretty sure that he was afraid his wife would nail him with a mud-ball:) Later on, we had races with a little clown bike that Chad brought & it was hillarious to watch us all try to peddle this little tiny bike. The tall men were definitely the funniest. They had such a hard time keeping their balance & finding a place to put their knees. Josh is definitely the tallest (my guess is that he is about 6'6" - maybe taller) & he had us laughing so hard watching him trying to maneuver that bike. I do have some pictures of that, but I have to apologize for the poor quality, my camera was not cooperating in the dark. At least you can see how silly we all looked.

Click to play Camping
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh my word!!! It looks like you had so much fun! I love all of the pictures.

KaMi and ZaCk said...

Such CUte pictures your kids are Adorable!

Kerryne said...

Cute pictures. Looks like a blast! So glad you are back in action on the blogging... I think this book is wiping us all out of the "blog" stage, he he! I am nearly done... 200 pages to go!

Colin and Ranie said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!