I have slowly been getting behind on things I need to do around here (I even have a post about the kids & summer that I started forever ago & can't seem to finish...maybe I should finish it instead of write this one:)) & so the other day I let the boys get out some paints to preoccupy themselves. I replaced their clothes with paint shirts & set them loose. Apparently they thought that since I had put the paint shirts on, that meant they had permission to paint all over themselves. This is how the activity started out...harmless enough, right?
This is how the activity turned out. They decided to paint each other.
I couldn't help but laugh when I saw them & they were so proud of their "artwork". But as it ended up, I got nothing done because I had to then scrub down my entire kitchen counter, the chairs & the floor. I then had to put them in a bath & scrub their bodies, hair, eyes, noses & ears. Later that night, Austin still had paint gooping up in the corner of his eye trying to work it's way out:) My plan to keep them busy while I got something done had completely failed. Even now, I have 3 loads of laundry unfolded & I just don't want to fold them. Does anyone else have these kinds of moments, where you just want to forget it all & pretend it doesn't need to be done & lay down & do absolutely nothing?? I'm having one right now:)
3 comments:
Such cute boys. I am so sad about the book:(
Glad to see you are back!
Devastating about the book... glad you are back to blogging, we have missed you. Your boys are a riot! I will be staying with my sister in Murray when I come back but will be at my mom's a lot I am sure :) As soon as I have a number I will send it to you so we can get in touch. I am so dang excited to see the movie with everyone! WHOOO HOOOOO
Post a Comment