Monday, October 27, 2008

Red Ribbon Week

Our elementary school always does these fun things for Red Ribbon Week. (I'm not sure if other schools do it or not?) So last week, Maddie got to do something different each day. She was pretty excited. They didn't have school on Monday, so it started Tuesday with "wear a tie day" - "Don't let drugs 'tie' you down."
James happened to have a red tie from his brothers wedding, so of course Maddie picked it. Here she is with her dad's tie...


The next day was "wear a hat day" - "Put a 'cap' on drugs." So we pulled out the baseball hat & off she went...


Thursday was "crazy, messy hair day" - "Don't let drugs 'mess' you up." We tried several different ways & this is the one she liked the best...



Friday was "wear red day" - I'm not sure if they had a saying for that or not? I forgot to get a picture of her but she looked adorable...dressed in red from her head to her toes. It made it a fun week for her. Each night when she went to be she would ask me what she got to do or wear the next day. I think it's a cool way to get the kids involved. I'm sure they remember a lot more about drug awareness when they can remember the cool things they got to do.

3 comments:

Jess and Brandon said...

How fun!! My favorite is the crazy hair!!

Taylor said...

I can't believe how much she looks like you.

Happy Birthday by the way.
This is Sherrie not Taylor. I hate when he is logged in.

Rachey-Foo said...

this was sooo cool! i love that her school does this. how fun!