Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turkey + Pie + Family = Thanksgiving

I know, I know, it's almost a week later. Don't you hate when you keep thinking you'll get to it & before you know it, it's been a week...or more. It happens to me a lot:) So, I know that a lot of people get right into the holiday spirit after Halloween. Not me. I just can't get into it until Thanksgiving Day. It's always sort of been the kick-off to the holiday season for me! Our "kick-off" was great! It all got started with Madelyn's school party on Tuesday. Austin & Trey even got to participate & they absolutely loved it. After the party, they could hardly wait for Thanksgiving & then putting up the Christmas decorations, etc. They get so excited that even a day & a half seems like an eternity to them. Which makes it feel like an eternity to me:) Wednesday, James' mom, sister & I got together to make some pies. I've helped my mom makes pies, but have never done one completely on my own. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. However, if I'd had to make somewhere inbetween 6 and 10+ pies in one day like my mom used to, I think I would have had as ever-so-slightly different perspective at the end of the day:) I guess it's a good thing I didn't try that on my first time or I would never bake pies again:) I was quite proud of myself, though. I made apple pie & I think it tasted just like my moms. Which would make it a success. We had a small problem with the oven timer which resulted in a little bit crispier crust rather than flaky, but I don't think anyone but me noticed...I hope! Thanksgiving Day was spent with James' family this year. It was very nice. The food was wonderful & it was a very relaxing, fun day. James' brother brought his Wii & we all played a few games. Everybody had a blast. My favorite part was knowing that James didn't have to go to work the next day. This is the first year since we've been married (maybe one other year towards the beginning) that he didn't have to work the following day:) Which meant he was more relaxed & enjoyed himself more...so I was more relaxed & enjoyed myself more...you see how that works?! He had the entire weekend off!! We hung out, got Christmas decorations put up, SLEPT IN...all of us...together!!! It was a great holiday weekend:)

Click to play THANKSGIVING FUN!!
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

2 comments:

Lyndee said...

I need to get you address. I am sending xmas cards out. Email me
lyndeekennett@yahoo.com

Rachey-Foo said...

glad you had a wonderful holiday!

ps...i'm having twilight withdrawals....LOL!!