Tuesday, January 27, 2009
The Computers Fault, Or Mine?
I know I have been absolutely awful at updating my blog lately. I thought things would slow down after the holidays...ya right. It seems like there is always something that is keeping me from getting caught up. Then add sick kids on top of everything and nothing gets done. I swear, if Spring doesn't come soon, I'll go crazy. One kid gets sick & gets better, then the next, then the next...then the whole cycle repeats itself with a different illness. This is how it has been since November. AAAAHHHHH!!!!! Everyone knows that when your child is sick, you pretty much run to their side whenever they make a noise, right? Which means nothing else gets done. Well, now I'm wishing I hadn't been so good at running to their side (not really, but...). No, I'm not sick, but I kept putting off updating the blog, backing up pictures & music...& it came back to bite me right on the butt. Hard, I might add! A virus somehow got past our security & attacked Windows. James tried everything he could. Eventually the only way to get rid of it, was to restore the computer back to "factory settings". I lost EVERYTHING:( Every song on my iTunes (which is more of a bother really, I just have to locate the CD's & I'll be good to go), but what has me in complete & utter heartbreak is the HUNDREDS of pictures I lost:( Every picture I had taken from May 2008 was just sitting in My Pictures. I know, I know. I should have had a hard copy...I was getting to it. I had just organized them into files & was all ready to put them onto discs. I was literally hours away from having it all done. I was going to update the blog with all our holiday activities, some very cute pictures of the kids with cute little stories to go along with them, etc. Now it's all gone. The holidays over the summer, the start of school, all 3 of my kids last birthdays, (thank goodness for my mother...she asked me for a copy of Madelyn's baptism pictures & I did get those to here, so I still have those) Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, my extended family party at a cabin for three days in Aspen Grove, New Years, my kids holding their newest cousin, a nephew coming home from this mission, the kids building a fort with James in the snow after dark, and countless little things caught on camera...EVERYTHING! What I hate the most about it, is that I know there are pictures I can't remember all ready. And when pictures are forgotten, so are the memories. I am so devastated. I'm mad at myself for putting it off. So many fun, cute pictures...gone:( I keep walking around the house in tears, because a picture will pop into my mind & make me all cry again. From now on, they go right onto a memory stick that then gets put into a safe, for crap sake!! Does anyone know, can the "Geek Squad" fix this??? So, my new year resolution (a month late) is to be better at blogging (because if I'd posted them after they happened, I'd still have most of it) & not getting behind on making hard copies. Well see how I do, won't we!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh no! I'm so sorry. That is so sad. I hope the memories will last.
That is the saddest thing ever!! I would cry too. Also, its a good reminder for me to back everything up too cuz all the pictures I have are on the computer too. I'm so sorry!!!
Em! I am soooo sad for you!! I would be devastated if that happened to me. ALL of Allie's pics are on here. her entire life! wow, crazy. hopefully you can find a way to fix it.
*hugs*
Oh man... that really stinks. I would cry too. What a pain. Isn't it just amazing how computers literally rule our life? They store our memories, our life, everything and if they go we lose it all. Grrr... reminds me to do some backing up. Hope you are well. We are finally all settled here in Cali, enjoying it so far except that whatever flu/cold we had over and over again while in Utah we are catching it again here... stupid thing. I feel like I have been sick for 4 months straight.
Wish we could have hung out a few more times while I was there. I will be back sometime in April so we will have to plan something for then :)
SAD!!! Dang computers! I keep telling myself I need to put all my pics on a disc just in case. Now I think I will!
Post a Comment