Friday, February 13, 2009

Welcome Baby Peyton!

James' brother Mike & his wife Diana had their first baby today! He was 6 lbs 8 oz & 19 inches long. Born just one day after his due date. Poor Diana had been having contractions for 48 hours. Thursday morning (her due date) they got within 2 minutes, so of course they went to the hospital & guess what...the doctor sent them home. She had already been losing her membrane slowly over the last week, but because she didn't dilate any within the hour she was there, they said "see ya". Nice, huh? I don't know if this doctor was aware that a first time labor can take a whole day? So they went home & finally at 11:30 pm when she was in complete tears, they went back. This time the nurse saw how much pain she was in & stripped the rest of her membrane so she would dilate a little. Thank goodness for nurses who care about their patients:) So after 8 hours of overnight labor, little Peyton was born. His beautiful eyes were very alert. He has such cute little features & dark hair.

Our precious Peyton...isn't he beautiful!!!


One tired Mommy:)


Proud Daddy & Grandma


Mike & Diana are going to be such wonderful parents. James & Mike have always been very close & so we see them pretty often. I have watched Mike with my kids over the years, & even though he did dodge the diapers we would toss at him to throw away (ha ha) it was always obvious that he would be a great Dad! As for Diana, I still remember the day we met her. It was a Sunday and I had just delivered Trey on Wednesday. Mike brought her by to meet us & see Trey. She was so nervous to hold him. You could see that she was, but she handled him with such care. I had to go to a choir practice (at the time I was the director & couldn't get anyone to fill in) & when I came back, Diana was sitting on the floor with Maddie building blocks & laughing with her. I watched her with the kids throughout the day & saw they same caring, loving, sweet interaction that I would have seen from someone with several kids. She was a natural!! I have always felt that James' siblings are my own, not just in-laws. When Diana joined the family, it was an instantaneous fit. Another wonderful, fun SISTER:) My kids have continued to absolutely adore them both as do James & I. They are incredible, strong people. They are the kind who will literally drop everything to be at your side if needed, ready to help in any way. We feel very lucky to have them in our life & now their sweet, little boy, too!! We love you guys...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never read this , thank you for this post so sweet emily love you and your sweet family !