Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Playing With Dad

James has been working long hours the past few months. This last month has been completely crazy. We're talking 80 hour work weeks. So needless to say, the kids have been missing him like crazy. Whenever he gets home, they run to him & jump all over him. Then it's "Daddy, play with me. Daddy, play with me. Daddy, throw us up in the air. Daddy, play hide & seek. Daddy, catch me." So every night before we settle down, James takes some time to play with the kids. The other night, they decided they wanted to fly. They piled all the pillows onto our bed & then James would launch them from the floor up into the air onto the pillows. It was so funny to watch. They were making the funniest faces & striking poses when possible. At one point James starts chanting "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy..." Apparently they want me to take a turn. So when I realized they were not going to stop the chanting until I took my turn, I stepped up to the plate. I trustingly let James throw me into the air & onto the bed. It brought back some memories of the cheerleading days:) Of course, the first thing I hear after hitting the pillows is my kids hysterical laughter soon followed by James'. They thought it was so funny to see me do it. Fortunately, no one was available to take a picture of me. Phew!! They absolutely love their play time with James. It's so nice to see how much fun they have.

Things will be slowing down a bit now for James & I know the kids are looking forward to having their Daddy home more. I think I'll enjoy having him here just a little bit, too:)

My little flyers...:)




4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Where is the picture of you?

Looks like fun.,

Kim said...

Oh, you are a brave woman!

Terry and Emalee said...

This totally reminds me of my brood with Terry when he works crazy like and with school. But you are really brave to tossed like that, I could not do it, though I would dearly love to see a picture of what your kids got to see when you were tossed. :|)

Kerryne said...

LOL... that is way too funny! I wish you had gotten a pic of you though, now that would have been hilarious... maybe you should have a repeat night and get a pic to humor us! Hope all is well, miss ya