I'll start with the mess they made on my kitchen table the other day. They decided to crumble up a bunch of chocolate chip cookies & see who could make the biggest cookie by smashing the pieces back together again. Well, you can guess that it didn't end there. They each had their own idea of what to do with the crumbs after that. Madelyn decided to make different shapes and designs with her crumbs (always the artist), Austin decided to make his into a dirt pile to drive his cars through, and Trey very patiently tried to suck his crumbs up into a syringe.
Madelyn's cookie crumb stars:)
It had started out so harmless that I figured, what the heck, let them have some fun. Oh My Gosh! Cookie crumbs ended up all over the place. They kept climbing onto the table to scoot their crumbs back & each time they did this, more & more crumbs got stuck to their feet & legs & bums. And it didn't stay stuck to their feet, legs & bums. It all ended up on my floor. Surprisingly enough, this didn't make me flip out. Which I normally do because I hate to sweep...with a passion. I'm not entirely sure why. I just do. But, now I have the coolest hard floor vacuum. It gets corners & sides & under the little lip thingy that goes around our entire kitchen & island. It swivels so that I don't have to move too much, either. I just let it do it's little swiveling thing:)
Does it make me sound lazy to not want to move while I'm cleaning?!? I don't care, I love it. I actually don't mind cleaning the kitchen floor any more. So now, when my kids make their little disasters (which is often), I just pull it out & vacuum it up...yeah! However, since I don't get as frustrated with them when they make messes, they may take that as a sign that they can do it more:( I guess you all have some more "messy" posts to look forward to:) Maybe I'll still get mad sometimes so that they remember who's boss:)
2 comments:
oh the joys of being "lax" and letting our kids make their messes... lol! It is really and I do mean REALLY hard for me to do this too. Nice vacuum... I need one of those. I have a Kirby and it works pretty well since living in a home in Cyprus that was all tile I hate to sweep too and I just pull my kirby out and let it clean it up for me :)
Sweet. And since you like your little vacuum so much...feel free to visit me anytime with vacuum in tow and "show" me how well it works. With the size of both my dogs and the shedding of the winter coat...a visit is needed daily! Come on over!
Post a Comment