Our big project that we did was painting. Our entire great room was off-white with beige doors & I was getting really tired of it. So we "spiced it up" a bit! For Mother's Day, James sent me off to Rod Works & wherever else I wanted to go to get some new decorations. We hadn't changed much since we moved in 6 years ago & it needed updated...especially with the new colors. So off I went. Our house looks completely different. It's amazing what painting & a bit of new decor will do! We moved in after the people who were going to buy it decided to buy somewhere else. But it had already been done to their specifications. I just left it how it was. Now I feel like it's more "me"! See what you all think...
The kids got right in & helped...they had fun & it made them feel pretty "grown-up"
Trey got about as much paint on himself as he did the wall:)
Doorway...exciting, huh:)
My new brown wall!!
Kitchen...
Another kitchen pic:)
My new drapes...I HATED my blinds that were there before.
I was so worried about this color...but I absolutely love it!!
View of the entire great room...
Next, I'll get caught up with the things the kids have been up to. I've got a lot of reading to do as well. I've missed knowing what's going on in everyone else's lives...I can't wait to get caught up:)
5 comments:
Good job, Emily! It looks beautiful. I have a brown wall with red decor too - great minds think alike...
Yeah! Finally something new to read! Ha. ha. I absolutely love the paint job. And your last picture is at night and it doesn't seem dark at all. So glad it turned out! I LOVE the dark brown. Nicely done Em! Love it. Love it!
Wow, looks great! It's fun to change things up once on a while!
Glad you are back! And I love the decor and paint. I would love your help to do my house. :-)
LOVE the new family pic!! you guys look wonderful!! :) we missed your bloggin'...glad yer back.
check out my friend AMYSTAR's blog for NEW MOON PREVIEWS!!! woo-hoo!!! soooo good, I was drooling. hahaha.
Post a Comment