Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th Of July Fun!

I hope that everyone had a great holiday weekend. We kept ourselves pretty busy with friends & family. It was loads of fun. Every year for at least 4 now, we get together with our friends from the neighborhood on the 3rd & do a bbq & fireworks. It is always a blast. If I can say so myself, I think we have a pretty fun neighborhood full of good friends that are always there for each other & lots of little kids. It's great! If you like lots of pictures, get ready...

Owen, Trey & Will - The little ones of the group.


Tanner & Austin on the 4-Wheeler


All the kids riding bikes together. Yes, right down the middle of the road.


Trevor, Kyle & Marie - note the 2 week old baby girl in Kyle's lap...so cute!


My little ones watching the fireworks...look at Austin's face!


Two of the new Mommie's & one Grandma with the babies!


Dave & Trevor always have a contest to see who lights the best firework. They go through an entire introduction of the name of the firework & make it all dramatic.


I wasn't even aiming the camera at Kyle, but when he made the face, he gave me no choice but to take the picture!


Some of the girls...Keri, Stephanie, Shelbi, Roxanna & Beth


And as asked for, here is a quick one of James & I. I'm still learning how to hand my camera over to someone else, so there aren't any candid ones of James & I. I'll work on that!



Then on Friday, we went to a park with my family for a picnic, a little football & frisbee throwing & then to see the Sandy fireworks. It was also a blast & it is always good to see some of my family that I don't get to see often enough! And the kids got to play with their cousins, which they always love.

My Mom, Dad, brothers-in-law Brent & Steve, & nephew Jarin


More family...my sisters Pam & Alicia, my Grandma (& Steve...again!)


Bryce & Colin thought it would be fun to run through the water with the kids & get a little misted. Little did they know that what looked like a mist was actually quite a lot of water. After that, they figured they might as well have fun & continued to run through the water with the kids. This is Bryce, doing the "dog shake" to get the water out of his hair!


Austin & Trey playing in the water with their cousins.


Ranie, Kianna, Colin & my mom chatting...notice in the background that Bryce is playing on the playground...just a kid at heart!!!


Maddie & Trey in the water. I didn't get a picture of it, but this park has the coolest water playground. It has water squirting in every direction & right in the center there are some rings that form a tunnel of water. To my surprise, each of my kids actually ran through it. I was so proud. If you know my story about my kids & their fears, you will understand why!!


Trey throwing the football to Dad!


Maddie catching our giant frisbee. It's more fun for the kids to play with this frisbee because it is easier to catch because of it's size & the big soft center.


Austin taking his turn catching the frisbee.


This is how Trey watched the fireworks. This is a double "kids chair", but he lounged himself in one side, put his feet up into the other one, plopped his bag of chips next to him & relaxed. It wasn't even his chair, it's my sisters, but no one had the heart to make him move, he just looked too cute. This picture describes his personality perfectly!!!


So, there you go...if you made it through, good for you!!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

It all looks like so much fun! And, I love the pics!

Kerryne said...

Yay a picture of you and your hubby! So cute, you look exactly the same as I remember! Cute skinny thing! Love all the pics, the kids look like they are having a blast and so do the big kids. It was fun to see pics of your family too. I haven't seen most of them in ages and Bryce looks so different than I remember. Crazy! Love ya!

Sherrie said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Thanks for the fun lunch date last week. I hope we get a chance to do it again next time I come into town!!

Suzy said...

Emily! I found your blog! It's so fun to see all the 3rd of July pictures on here! I've got a couple of the same ones posted on my facebook and myspace. I don't dare read your blog on Breaking Dawn because I haven't finished the book yet. I'm about half way through now. So I finally started an offial blog. I still need to post more pictures but it's a start.

Suzy said...

Where is this park?! It looks like so much fun!