Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good Times, Great Company, Old Memories

Good Times
We took the kids to The Pizza Factory the other night with Jason & Laura (James' sis & her hubby). It was a lot of fun. Of course the highlight for the kids were the breadsticks. There eyes got bigger than I've seen them in a long time when they put them on the table. For those who haven't been there before, they cook the breadsticks curled halfway down a stick about two-feet long. I don't think they had any idea how to even begin to eat them. What always amazes me about my kids is the complete joy at being able to get Rootbeer & Chocolate Milk at a restaurant, even though we keep both drinks at our house at all times. It is cute how the fact that they get to "order" it is fun to them:)

Great Company
It was really good to spend the time with Jason & Laura too! Our kids absolutely adore them & for good reasons. They are so loving & caring & fun...I could go on & on about them. They are just good people all around & we always have a great time & laugh a lot when we are with them. They are just too cute for words & to add to their cuteness, they are expecting their first baby - a girl - in a month & a half. We keep telling them to enjoy their alone time while they can, HA HA!!

Old Memories
Being there also brought back a flood of memories. The very first time James & I went to The Pizza Factory was about 9 years ago with our good friends Doug & Lyndee:) We were all somewhat newly married, no kids, you know...we had a lot of freedom. We got together quite often with Doug & Lyndee. Sometimes we went "out on the town" & sometimes we just sat home & watched movies or just talked. It didn't matter what we did, we had fun. Lyndee & I used to laugh until we cried at James & Doug laughing. Did that make sense?? The two of them would get each other going & they would laugh so hard, that we couldn't help but laugh at them:)


7 comments:

Andrea said...

I can just see their faces when those breadsticks came out!!! I loved this post! I'm glad you had a great time.

Jess and Brandon said...

I'm so jealous that you guys went there! That is so fun for the kids. I'm sure my eyes are like that even as an adult- those breadsticks are AWESOME! You guys are such a cute family!

Kerryne said...

Yummy... food looks good! Cute pics, you look so amazing! Sounds like you had a great time! Guess what????? ONLY 30 days!!!! HERE I COME! WHOO HOOOO

Andrea said...

Oh...bytheway, your blog is so CUTE! I love the design.

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Cute hair, Em!!

Emily said...

Thanks, Liz!!

Rachey-Foo said...

i LOVE that place. we have one 5 minutes away and i take my MIL there everytime she's in town. and yes, the breadsticks are fabulous!! ;)

i'm so excited for the movie!! is it November yet??