Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!

My wonderful, amazing, incredible grandma turned 89 yesterday! I don't know that I could say enough good things to do her justice. She has seen some very hard times in her life & through them all, she always just did what she had to do. No matter how hard something was, if it needed to be done, she simply did it. She & my grandpa owned a farm in Idaho. Whenever we would go to visit, I remember being amazed at how much she did all the time. She was on top of everything. It's only been the last few years that she has started to slow down & that's only because her knees won't let her do what she wants to. If she could, she'd be following my mom around the house telling her to sit down & let her do that:) When my grandpa passed away last year, she moved in with my mom & dad. It has been so great to see her more regularly now. During the summer, we'd sit out on my parents porch while the kids rode their bikes & played in the yard. She would watch my kids do everything & then cheer them on when they did something cool:) My kids are getting very attached to their great-grandma!! She has a genuine love & concern for everyone. You can't help but feel her love for you. She has a great sense of humor...you get her going & you'll end up rolling on the floor. She loves chocolate, especially dark chocolate. She has a chocolate soda on a daily basis & when her knee hurts, she eats a piece of chocolate to make it feel better:) When we go to the house, you can almost always bet that at some point you'll see 4 generations of girls (Grandma, Mom, myself & Maddie) sitting at the table eating some kind of chocolate! I thoroughly enjoy having her around!!

We love you, Grandma!!! Happy Birthday:)

p.s. I deleted my pictures that I had of her, I'll post them when I get them back.

No comments: