Sunday, November 9, 2008

Welcome Baby Hailey!

A big CONGRATULATIONS to Laura & Jason (James' little sis & hubby)!! They just had their first baby on the 3rd. Laura did great, her labor was as easy as labor could be:) Her water broke at about 1:00am & little Hailey was born at 7:18am...pretty quick for a first timer:) (We laughed about the fact that her labor & delivery was more like mine - almost too fast, they had to slow my labor down with Maddie - than her own mom, who sadly had to have c-sections with all six of hers.) Little Hailey was 6lbs 15 oz & 19 1/2 inches long. She looks very much like her dad & has long, skinny toes that spread out just like her mom:) She is absolutely beautiful!!! Laura is a complete natural, she handled that tiny girl like she'd been at it for years:) She & Jason are going to be wonderful parents. I never had a little sister & when I joined their family, Laura immediately filled that role. We have always been close (much more like sisters than in-laws) & I have enjoyed watching her grow into the incredible woman that she is. Now, she has an incredible man at her side & I can't completely express my feelings for them both! I did have to laugh when Laura sent James a text the day after they got home from the hospital that said..."Hailey was up till 5am last night, welcome to parenthood, eh?" Yes...welcome, welcome, sweetie:) And congrats to you both from us! We love you tons & are so proud of you guys!!

Madelyn could have held her all day!


The boys were fascinated with her, but didn't dare to touch her:)



I could have held her all day, too:)


She eats like a pro!


Burps like one, too!


The adorable new family:)

4 comments:

Rachey-Foo said...

i miss those first few months when they are so small and so cute. and all the funny faces they make!!


twilight news: i am trying to make hoodies for the movie. would you interested? let me know. :)

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Hey Em, I'm going private. What's your email address?

Rachey-Foo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
farrahdaisy said...

Super cute blog! and your family is adorable! are you so excited for the 21st!? I am! Can't wait!