Today, the love of my life turns
32:) I would call him old, except I'm not far behind. I wish I could adequately express how wonderful he is, how grateful I am just to have him in my life...let alone, the most important part of it. He has been my better half now for over 10 years. He's the one to calm me down when I've "popped my top", the one to listen when I need to vent, the one to make me laugh when I'm down. He is an amazing Father. He's patient & kind & loving. His kids absolutely
adore him. They follow him from room to room when he gets home, as do I:) He is such a hard worker...maybe too hard. Not that I'm complaining, he's made it possible for me to stay home with my kids. I think I've got it pretty good...he's figured out how to balance things quite nicely. He works when he knows he needs to, but has always made time - somehow - for his family. He's stubborn...he's half Irish, what can I say:) When he knows he's right about something, he doesn't let anyone convince him otherwise. But I love that about him...he sticks to his values & morals, no matter what!
I love his laugh, his smile (especially his crooked, half-smile), how he looks in a suit...oh my!, the way he holds my hand & plays with my fingers whenever I'm next to him, the way he still slaps my butt every time I walk past him (no matter where we are):), the fact that he knows my every fault & imperfection & loves me in spite of them. He is my strength, my security, my hope, my heart, my life!!!
That barely scratches the surface, but you get the gist:) This is one of my favorite pictures of him...cuddling Trey just minutes after he was born. He's got that "proud papa" look! I love it!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LOVE!!! XOXO
2 comments:
Happy Birthday James!. You are almost as old as I am but you never really will be. Hope you had an enjoyable day and that your family treated you like the KING. :-)
- Terry
Happy Birthday James! It's been so much fun having you as a neighbor!
Post a Comment