Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Big Thanks!

It's interesting that even though you think of friends often & wonder how they are, you don't realize how much you really miss them until you have a little bit of contact with them. I haven't kept in contact with all of my friends the way I would like to & now that I have this blog I feel like I see you all every day! I am one of those mom's who get so wrapped up in my kids & "doing my chores" as James so lovingly puts it, that I forget about myself. He is always telling me to go out with my friends, get away from the house. I always think that I can't just call up someone that I haven't seen in ages & ask if they want to go spend the day with me. They would think I was crazy. But once again, because of this blog I have realized that I could call up any one of my friends. I really hope that those who are out of the state (or country) will end up back here some day. Who knows what the future holds. It has just been so nice to read everyone's comments & know that I have the love & support of my friends. It's almost like we have seen each other every day. I think true friendship is like that. You can be apart for so long, but when you do get together again it is like you still know everything about them & still care so much for them. I have even had more contact with my sis-in-law (who lives 15 min. from me & I still never see) since I started blogging & I love it. You guys are all so wonderful. I guess it is true what they say...women need other women. As much as James tries to understand my emotional outbursts, sensitivity, hormones, stresses, etc. (thank you honey) there is no comparing the companionship & understanding you get from other women. So I quess I just want to say Thank you!! Thank you for being there to listen after all these years.

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

I would go with you anytime! I will be in Utah the month of June and part of July, lets see if we can get some of the girls together for lunch!

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

I'm in...can I invite myself?

Emily said...

I'm completely game for that. We should plan it for sure. And Liz, you can always invite yourself, though you being invited should go without saying:)

Kerryne said...

That sounds way too fun! I wish I could invite myself... however it is a very long and expensive trip for me to make. Bummer... but I will say this... when we move back to the states sometime before the end of the year we definately HAVE to get together. I miss you girls, even after all these years it is so great to know that friends are always there, even if you don't see them or talk to them very often. I am always here for you Em! Love you and miss you!

Colin and Ranie said...

AMEN SISTER! I love this blogging thing too. You said it perfectly. THANK YOU! Oh, and any time you need a day to do whatever...call me. (I can any evening I guess...once I get off of work!)