Wednesday, June 11, 2008
My Own Little Corner!
So it took the kids driving James crazy to get my computer moved upstairs. Madelyn has always liked being on the computer, but now that Austin does also, one of the two of them is almost always on it. I have to pry them off to even get on it myself. Which doesn't make it easy for James to get any work done since my computer was in his office. So as of yesterday, I have my own little corner office with a view:) Of course, it is the corner of my bedroom, but I'll take it. It is nice to have it upstairs where I can be on it & still keep an eye (or ear) on the kids. The basement is their "toyland", they can do pretty much anything down there. But if I was down on the computer, than they tended to gravitate upstairs & get into all sorts of things that they knew they shouldn't. "Mom's downstairs, oblivious to what we are doing, so..." is what happened every time. So now, I can do what I need to on the computer (with my music going, without keeping James from concentrating on his work) & keep my kids from destroying my house. ("Knock on wood"...what you all just missed is me having to take a little break to keep Trey from dumping an entire bucket that he had filled with water on my floor & then lock the bathroom door so he couldn't do it again.) I don't know how many of you feel like I do about not having anything of my own. I don't have much around the house that is just mine. It may sound crazy, but I like having this little corner that is just mine. I know, go ahead & laugh:) 7:30 rolled around this morning (which is usually later than I'm normally awake, but since it was almost 1:00 when I got to bed last night, it felt early) & Madelyn was at the foot of my bed asking me if she could play on the computer. I just laughed & told her to turn the sound off. To make a long story not so long, my computer is upstairs & I love it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I totally understand where you are coming from. I would actually like to get a second computer. Peyton has discovered a fun little game called Toon Town that he can play with his friends from school online. He is constantly kicking me off the computer and now the only time I can get on is when they are at school or in bed.
And by the way... I too have nothing of my own. LOL! It stinks doesn't it? I can't even use the toliet, or take a shower without someone bothering me. In fact, I just leave the door open now because what is the point of shutting it??? The second they hear it shut they come running. It is insane! Anyway, I am glad you have your own little "corner".
after today... I say forget corner... I want my OWN house. The kids and Bjay can live next door! :)
Emily, you've been tagged! Look at my blog for instructions. Love ya!
We all need our own little corner! However, I would like mine to be about 1200 square feet.
Post a Comment