Yes, our Saturday was crazy...but so fun! We went out first thing in the morning to my parents house to help lay some sod that they had to replace after laying their sprinkler lines. Of course, my mom, bless her heart, had fixed everyone breakfast for coming to help:) So the guys headed out after eating to get to work & my kids went right to work riding their bikes up & down my parents long driveway. Madelyn wanted to help, so every now & then one of the guys would have her help roll out the sod. Bryce would pretend he couldn't get in unrolled, so that made Maddie feel very helpful:) Colin & Ranie had done some spring cleaning at their house & were getting rid of some things. They brought us a combo game table (ping-pong, ice hockey, foosball, etc.) which the kids are LOVING!!! Thanks again!! We then went grocery shopping, which I don't do anymore on my own with the kids. I know my limits. Poor Lily was freaking out all day because we kept coming & going. She has such bad anxiety when we leave. It breaks my heart when we're gone all day. I have to tell myself that I'm not leaving by child behind, I'm leaving a dog. She is such a part of our family now & I never expected to care about her the way I do. Anyway, then we went to a rodeo & fireworks with Colin, Ranie & Bryce. Unfortunately, Kianna had to work, so we missed seeing her. But, it was way fun. It was great to spend the time with them. For the few of you who don't know, in case you were wondering, Colin & Bryce are my brothers & Ranie & Kianna are their wives! Colin, myself & Bryce are the 3 youngest in my family. We were all really close growing up & I don't get to spend as much time with them as I'd like. And my kids have always worshipped the four of them, so they thoroughly enjoyed it, too! Part way through the rodeo, Colin went & stood at the top of the bleachers for a while & both my boys followed him up there & stayed there by him until he came back down. It was the only time they stayed in one place the entire night:) Needless to say, the kids slept great that night. We'd worn them out real good.
Austin & Uncle Bryce at the rodeo. Two of my favorite guys:)

Madelyn & Trey with Colin & Ranie also at the rodeo. Four more of my favorite people:)

Just a few fireworks for you all to look at...in case you wanted to.
6 comments:
I am so glad they are having fun with the game table. That is great. We are also so glad you were able to go to the rodeo. We love spending time with you and James and the kids. We will definitely have to hang out more...whatever it is. And we definitely know how it is to leave the dogs at home. They do become family members so quickly. It was a very busy day but it was so much fun to see you guys! Let's do it again soon!
Which rodeo did you go to? Sounds like a fun and busy day. LOVE the pic of the kids at the zoo...I will put one up too!
It was in Herriman & I think it might have been the City days rodeo, I'm not sure.
Oh... I miss Rodeos, how fun! I bet your kids loved that. The pics are all too cute! Thanks for the "good luck" so far so good on the gym thing yay! I will see you in crazy land!
I will keep you all in my prayers. I can only imagine how hard what you all are going through is, I am so very sorry. I am always here for you if you need anything at all. Love you!
Thanks for the link for baby mac. It was a beautiful dedication to the love and happiness he brought his family. Matt's aunt and my little sister just lost their babies too, this week. It is good to see that the gospel really makes you feel comforted. Also, thanks for being great friends.
Post a Comment