Saturday, we took the kids out to Utah Lake. They love to throw rocks & whatever else they can find into the water (they themselves don't generally get in). They started out just playing in the sand & before we knew it they were sitting down in the water. Now my kids don't like water too much (at least water that gets deeper), so it completely surprised me when they were walking in clear up to their necks. Madelyn spent most of her time looking for rocks, sticks, & whatever she could find at the bottom of the lake. Austin was having a blast seeing how far he could throw the rocks. Trey carried his shovel around & dug up whatever he could...in & out of the water. At one point he tried to throw the water out of his shovel by lifting it straight up in the air. He was completely shocked when the water came back down on top of his head. Where did he think it was going to go??? He also found out very quickly that movements are slowed down in water:) He tried to hop a few times & when his legs didn't move as fast under the water as his body did outside of the water, he face-planted it into the water. When he got up he was obviously very confused as to what had just happened. What I love about that kid is his "no fear" attitude. He just gets right back out there & does the same crazy things again. My kids have been aching to get outside & it was nice to have a day without rain on & off so that we could take them out. It made me laugh when after about 30 minutes, James looked at me, very confused, and asked me where my book was:) I told him that I was capable of putting it down long enough to spend some time with my family. Every time I pick it up he asks me, "Going to spend some time with your boyfriend?" & my answer is always short, sweet & to the point..."yup". My sister told me I would cry pretty good through New Moon, but sheesh. After a while I was complaining to James & wondering why she (meaning Stephenie Meyer) hadn't brought Edward back yet. I was tired of crying for Bella. He says to me "What, isn't your book as fun to read without Edward in it?" & again my reply was short, sweet & to the point..."nope". He (along with most the husbands in our neighborhood) is having a pretty good laugh about these books. They all shake their heads & roll their eyes every time they see any of us talking, whether we are talking about the book or not:) Anyway, enough already, right? If any one is up for some days at the lake with us, let me know, it would be fun!!



4 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great time! Pictures are so cute, it amazes me too how kids seem to have no fear! I am the baby who is scared to death of water in our family. My kids absolutely love it and I don't know what they are going to do when we move away from the Sea (and no longer have beaches to go to). It cracks me up how the husbands get over these books. Men! I was annoyed that Edward was missing in so much of that book too!!! Guess that is how she keeps us on our toes!!
Your kids are AdOraBle! i miss you guys we need to get together more often. Glad everything is going well
Your day at the beach looked fun! And can I tell you that im hooked as well. I'm almost done with eclipse and I am literally obsessed!!! Anyways, I feel the same way. And by the way....we are working on our testimonial. Sorry about the delay!
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun at Utah Lake. I know this may seem crazy, but I haven't read of of the Stephenie Meyer books. I know everyone tells me how they are so great, who knows maybe one day I will read them.
Post a Comment